POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request : Feature Request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Feature Request
From: Kyle
Date: 11 Mar 1999 16:11:12
Message: <36E8313E.A7368B6E@geocities.com>
Hi everyone.  You know, if there is any single feature that I would like
to see added to Pov-Ray, it would be a way to add realistic
smoke/fumes.  For instance, exhaust from a car muffler, smoke from a
train smoke stack, steam from a tea kettle, dust raised behind a
chariots wheels, that sort of stuff.  I always find myself in need of
this feature and have never been able to jerry-rig anything that looks
acceptable.  I know one could hypothetically do this with media, but
honestly?  I would like to be able to set some basic parameters such as
origin, direction, starting width, ending width, length, color,
transparentcy, turbulence, and probably some more but I can't think of
them right now.  If I had that (and a Moray plugin for it) I would be a
very happy camper.
		Kyle